Monday, February 23, 2009

Goodbye 23 Things. I will miss you!

My favorite discoveries during 23 things were the blog Adventures in Procreating, and the tools One Sentence,de.lic.ous and the website Boing Boing.
I found delicious,google docs and some of the articles on library 2.0 very useful for grad school. There were no surprises,but when I wasn't pulling out my hair in frustration,I did have fun. I felt like I was procrastinating or playing hooky when I did this at work because I was enjoying myself.

There were a few things I would change: I would make 23 things helpers much more accessible and I would do something about the access to audio. My computer at my desk does not have speakers and it was always a pain to go find a computer in the basement with speakers and a headphone.
It was very frustrating at times because it was difficult to find a patient 23 things expert with time on their hands. I got stuck a lot. There are some exercises such as podcasting and some stuff from the wiki sandbox that I still don't understand.
If I thought that help was going to be more readily available, I would happily participate in another training exercise like this.

I know I didn't win any prizes,but that's ok. I had a good time and in some cases I really didn't understand what the prizes were. What's and ipod touch, for example?
In some ways, I remain proudly luddite to the last.

Good night and good luck. I shan't return.
Cindy